REEF AND RAINFOREST
The ideal combination of reef and rainforest, this 7-night package packs enough adventure and indulgence to satiate any traveler. Starting with three nights at GAÏA Riverlodge, you’ll take in the mountains and experience the jungle in a variety of ways.
Our team will personally greet you at Belize City International Airport and provide ground transportation to the lodge. Upon arrival, check into your Mountain View Cabana and its scenic vistas of the nearby mountains. During your stay, you’ll venture out to explore the wild side of Belize: Take a day trip to the majestic ruins at Caracol, the largest Maya site in Belize, in the Chiquibul Forest, with stops at Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On pools. Reserve another day for your journey canoeing through the ancient Barton Creek Cave, which culminates with an exhilarating zip-lining adventure or a visit to Green Hill Butterfly Farm.
GAÏA RIVERLODGE PORTION
- Personal welcome at Belize City International airport with ground transportation to the lodge
- Three nights at GAÏA Riverlodge in one of our Mountain View Cabanas with king bed
- Welcome rum punch
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Day trip to Caracol Maya site with stops at Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On pools
- Day trip to Barton Creek Cave, with an exhilarating zip-lining adventure or a visit to Green Hill Butterfly Farm
- Ground transportation to Belize City International Airport
- Personal welcome at San Pedro airstrip with a transfer to Matachica
- Four nights at Matachica Resort in one of our Seabreeze Beach Casitas with king bed
- Tropical welcome cocktails upon arrival
- Daily breakfast, lunch and three-course dinner
- Snorkel excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley Marine Reserves
- One hour aromatherapy massage per guest at Jade Spa
After your stay in the jungle, you’ll head to the sea for four nights in one of our Seabreeze Beach Casitas at Matachica. Your time there will be spent relaxing on the beach, experiencing the diverse marine life of the barrier reef and enjoying the intimate, secluded ambiance of this special resort.
Tropical cocktails upon arrival will perfectly prime you for relaxing on our sandy shores. During your stay at Matachica, you’ll embark on a snorkel excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley Marine Reserves where you’ll observe gorgeous marine life, nurse sharks and stingrays. Take advantage of our on-site kayaks, paddle boards, bicycles and snorkel gear and unwind at our Jade Spa with a one-hour aromatherapy massage—an ideal way to conclude your Belizean adventure.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
To confirm your reservation we require a 10% deposit of your stay. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
May be made more than 30 days prior to arrival with a full refund of the deposit.
Within 30 days or arrival, full stay is non-refundable
No refund or credit for no-shows.
Please keep in mind that Matachica is a mature environment with a minimum age requirement of 16 years.
All rates are for one or two guests sharing the room.
A 9% hotel tax, 10% service charge and 12.5% government sales tax included.
There are no refunds for unused package items.
Important Note: Effective February 15, 2022, all visitors are required to apply for Belize Travel Health Insurance-a mandatory insurance that helps protect travelers against incurred medical and non-medical expenses if you test positive for Covid-19 during your stay in Belize.